Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kidney for sale...

I love, love, love Gervasi Winery. I was there a few weeks ago and thought I might have to sell my kidney to pay the bill. Not really, but a bottle of Chardonnay and a cheese/meat plate set us back $50 (including tip). The place was busy and we sat upstairs in the loft. It's a cozy little seating area with couches and tables. The only thing that's odd is strangers can sit down right in front of you, but drinking wine promotes conversation.  We decided after that, we were slumming it and going to Penn Station and eat subs for supper. Gervasi is an amazing place...and i urge you to give it a try - especially for a special occasion. Make a reservation if you plan to go...you can do it online.  Visit their website to learn more about Gervasi. There is "something" magical about the atmosphere there...it's obvious because I would never pay $33 for a bottle of wine in the store (they assess a corkage fee if you open the wine there). You can purchase their wine at the Market Place to go and it costs less (minus corkage fee). During warm weather months, they open their piazza and have live music and pitchers of Sangria.

http://www.gervasivineyard.com/


















                                                                                     Gervasi's Tasting Bar

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I like the name of your blog. In fact, I like it so much that I registered the trademark for Corktease®. Please contact me directly by the end of the day so I don't have to get Google/Blogspot to contact you.

    Thanks,
    kim@corktease.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...2,000 some followers on twitter really gets to some peoples' heads! let's roll out the red carpet for our newfound celebrity.

    By the way, I like the name of your blog. In fact, I like it so much I think this lady should go f-ck herself over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a legal thing -- a very serious legal thing. I have several options under law to enforce my legal rights, and I will undertake all appropriate steps to protect my trademark and associated goodwill. You can be as rude as you'd like under the cover of anonymity (which, by the way, is a glowing example of why the goodwill associated with my mark needs protection), but that won't change anything. Google/Blogspot will take this matter seriously, even if you don't.

    I hope you choose to do the right thing. I won't respond again here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For wine drinkers who don't take themselves too seriously? Seriously tee-shirts. Kim you are a douche. A serious massive douche.


    -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete